The City Clerk is established by the City Charter.
The Acting Clerk was appointed by Mayor Paula Zelenko in January 2018.
Bette Bigsby, Acting City Clerk - (810) 743-1500 Ext. 1401
4303 S. Center Road
Burton, MI 48519
Clerk's Office Fax: (810) 742-7311
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Racheal Ervin-Boggs, Deputy Clerk - (810) 743-1500 Ext. 1403
Marcy Kimball, Record Tech - (810) 743-1500 Ext. 1402
Responsibilities of the Clerk's office include:
- Serving as Clerk of the City Council, Commissions and various other boards; preparing agendas, meeting packets, and minutes.
- Record manager for the City's vital records
- Acting as the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) coordinator
- Administering all oaths required by law
- Managing various City licenses and permits
- Planning, organizing and administering all Federal, State, Local and School elections
- Maintaining voter registration records
- Publishing and posting notices of the City as required by law
- The City Clerk is responsible for conducting all City, County, State, Federal and School Election held in the City of Burton.
- Providing Notary services. The cost is $5.00 per notarized page.
- Issuing of burn and dump permits.
- Scheduling of meeting rooms and park pavilions in the City.
The team in the City Clerk’s office is grateful for the opportunity to serve the City of Burton and to provide these services in a manner that is high quality, efficient, fair and courteous to our residents.