The Planning Division shall have the power to grant site permits, approvals for administrative site plan review and zoning reviews and to make inspections of buildings, sites, or lots necessary to carry out the duties in the enforcement of Chapter 157 of the City of Burton Ordinances.
The following are examples of Planning Department functions:
- Review and approve Administrative site plan review and zoning reviews.
- Administer special use permit approval process
- Review and make recommendation to the Planning Commission on Site Plan Reviews
- Zoning classification information
- Review and approve roadside stands
- Draft amendments to the zoning ordinance Chapter 157
- Review fireworks stands and haunted houses for ordinance compliance
If you need to print an application, please visit the document center to locate the proper application based on the work to be completed. Please print, fill out the application completely and return to the Department of Public Works.