Water Conservation Tips
Tips for the Whole Family
- When running water to get it hot, collect that water for other uses.
- Don’t run water to get it cold for drinking, keep a pitcher of water in the fridge for drinking.
- Most water wasted in home is used to flush toilets; don’t flush unnecessarily.
- Test to see if you have a leaky stool by adding a few drops of food color to the tank. If color appears in the bowl, it is leaking; have it repaired.
- Install flow-restricting devices on shower heads. Take showers instead of baths; you could save 10-20 gallons of water.
- Wash only full loads in washer and dishwasher. Use the water miser cycle on your dishwasher.
- Don’t use running water to thaw meat or frozen vegetables. Thaw overnight in fridge.
- If you have water conservation questions, call your local water provider.
- Make water conservation a way of life!!