The Zoning Department shall have the power to grant site permits and to make inspections of buildings, sites, or lots necessary to carry out the duties in the enforcement of the Chapter 157 and 153 of the City of Burton Ordinances.
The following are examples of Zoning Department Functions:
- Review and approve sign permit applications – Chapter 153
- Administer the variance process
- Administer the Zoning change process
- Review and approve permits for excavation, removal or deposit of fill, and grading.
- Review setbacks and zoning compliance on building permits
- Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control permits
- Flood Plain information
- Zoning classification information
If you need to print an application, please visit the document center document center to locate the proper application based on the work to be completed. Please print, fill out the application completely and return to the Department of Public Works.