A Message from the City Clerk:
Below, you will find answers to frequently asked questions regarding absentee voting, trash collection, yard waste, burn/dump permits and city board meetings:
Answers to Frequently asked questions:
2020 Election Information
The Secretary of State made the decision to send absentee voter applications to ALL registered voters in the State of Michigan for the August and November Elections this year. THIS IS OPTIONAL! As of today, Polling locations WILL BE OPEN for the August 4, 2020 & November 3, 2020 Elections. If you choose to go to the polls, simply DO NOT return the absentee voter application. Those who choose to vote by mail can send their applications via mail, fax, e-mail or the drop box located at the east door of City Hall. Ballots will be mailed around 45 days prior to each election.
- Burn Permits can be requested on our website under the “how do I” section in the top, right hand corner of the website. Please allow a minimum of 48 hours for processing your request during the COVID-19 pandemic. Burn permit questions should be directed to the Fire Department at (810) 742-2158.
- NEW!!! Dump Permits - Beginning on July 1, 2020 , Dump Permits will be available in person at City Hall ONLY. Please see the Receptionist Desk. Each household is entitled to 1 free dump per month. We will be using Brent Run Landfill at 8335 Vienna Rd Montrose, MI (810) 639-3077 M-F 7:00AM - 3:00PM
- ALL City Board Meetings will resume in July on regular scheduled meeting dates.
- THERE IS A DROP BOX LOCATED AT THE EAST DOOR OF CITY HALL! You may use it to pay water bills & taxes, submit paperwork to City Departments, turn in your voter registration forms and Absent voter application or ballot.
The City Clerk is established by the City Charter.
The Clerk is appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council.
Racheal Boggs, Burton City Clerk (810) 743-1500 Ext. 1401
Send all FOIA requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lindsey Bice, Record Tech (810) 743-1500 Ext. 1402
Katie Malin, Election Clerk (810) 743-1500 Ext. 1403
4303 S. Center Road.
Burton, MI. 48519
Fax # (810) 742-7311
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Responsibilities of the Clerk's Office include:
- Serving as Clerk of the City Council, Commissions and various other boards; preparing agendas, meeting packets, and minutes.
- Record manager for the City's vital records
- Acting as the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) coordinator
- Administering all oaths required by law
- Managing various City licenses and permits
- Planning, organizing and administering all Federal, State, Local and School elections
- Maintaining voter registration records
- Publishing and posting notices of the City as required by law
- The City Clerk is responsible for conducting all City, County, State, Federal and School Election held in the City of Burton.
- Providing Notary services. The cost is $5.00 per notarized page.
- Scheduling of meeting rooms and park pavilions in the City.
The team in the City Clerk’s office is grateful for the opportunity to serve the City of Burton and to provide these services in a manner that is high quality, efficient, fair and courteous to our residents.