The City Clerk is established by the City Charter.
The Clerk is appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council.
Racheal Boggs, Burton City Clerk
(810) 743-1500 Ext. 1401 Email: email@example.com
Clerk's Office Staff:
Lindsey Bice, Record Tech (810) 743-1500 Ext. 1402
Katie Malin, Election Clerk (810) 743-1500 Ext. 1403
4303 S. Center Road.
Burton, MI. 48519
Fax # (810) 742-7311
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The team in the City Clerk’s office is grateful for the opportunity to serve the City of Burton and to provide these services in a manner that is high quality, efficient, fair and courteous to our residents.
Responsibilities of the Clerk's Office include:
- Serving as Clerk of the City Council, Commissions and various other boards; preparing agendas, meeting packets, and minutes.
- Record manager for the City's vital records
- Acting as the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) coordinator
- Administering all oaths required by law
- Managing various City licenses and permits
- Planning, organizing and administering all Federal, State, Local and School elections
- Maintaining voter registration records
- Publishing and posting notices of the City as required by law
- The City Clerk is responsible for conducting all City, County, State, Federal and School Election held in the City of Burton.
- Providing Notary services. The cost is $5.00 per notarized page.
- Scheduling of meeting rooms and park pavilions in the City.
Answers to Frequently asked questions:
- Burn Permits can be requested on our website under the “how do I” section in the top, right hand corner of the website. Please allow a minimum of 48 hours for processing your request during the COVID-19 pandemic. Burn permit questions should be directed to the Fire Department at (810) 742-2158.
- NEW!!! Dump Permits - Beginning on July 1, 2020 , Dump Permits will be available in person at City Hall ONLY. Please see the Receptionist Desk. Each household is entitled to 1 free dump per month. We will be using Brent Run Landfill at 8335 Vienna Rd Montrose, MI (810) 639-3077 M-F 7:00AM - 3:00PM
- ALL City Board Meetings will resume in July on regular scheduled meeting dates. Capacity restrictions may be in place based on the current orders of the Governor. Please contact us for details.
- We ARE NOT issuing reservations for Kelly Lake at this time. Kelly Lake is open to the public from dawn until dusk everday. Use of pavillions will be on a first come basis until furhter notice. Please note: Kelly Lake restrooms will not be open or maintained during COVID-19.