The City Clerk is established by the City Charter.
The Clerk is appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council.
Racheal Boggs, Burton City Clerk
(810) 743-1500 Ext. 1401 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clerk's Office Staff:
Lindsey Bice, Record Tech (810) 743-1500 Ext. 1402
Katie Malin, Election Clerk (810) 743-1500 Ext. 1403
4303 S. Center Road.
Burton, MI. 48519
Fax # (810) 742-7311
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The team in the City Clerk’s office is grateful for the opportunity to serve the City of Burton and to provide these services in a manner that is high quality, efficient, fair and courteous to our residents.
Responsibilities of the Clerk's Office include:
- Serving as Clerk of the City Council, Commissions and various other boards; preparing agendas, meeting packets, and minutes.
- Record manager for the City's vital records.
- Acting as the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) coordinator.
- Administering all oaths required by law.
- Issuing and managing various City licenses and permits.
- Planning, organizing and administering all Federal, State, Local and School elections.
- Maintaining voter registration records.
- Publishing and posting notices of the City as required by law.
- Providing Notary services. The cost is $5.00 per notarized page.
- Scheduling of meeting rooms and park pavilions in the City.
Answers to Frequently asked questions:
- Burn Permits can be requested on our website under the “how do I” section in the top, right hand corner of the website. Please allow a minimum of 48 hours for processing your request. Burn permit questions should be directed to the Fire Department at (810) 742-2158.
- Dump Permits - Beginning on July 1, 2020 , Dump Permits will be available in person at City Hall ONLY. Please see the Receptionist Desk. Each household is entitled to 1 free dump per month. We will be using Brent Run Landfill at 8335 Vienna Rd Montrose, MI (810) 639-3077 M-F 7:00AM - 3:00PM
- ALL City Board Meetings are held in the Council Chambers in the lower level of City Hall. All Meeting Calendars are on the main page of this website.
- Marijuana Licensing questions and applications may be directed to the Department of Public Works located at 4093 Manor Drive, M-F 8:00AM-4:00PM (810) 742-9230.
- We ARE NOT issuing reservations for Kelly Lake at this time. Kelly Lake is open to the public from dawn until dusk every day. Use of pavilions will be on a first come basis until further notice. Please note: Kelly Lake restrooms will not be open or maintained during COVID-19.