Burning & DumpĀ  Permits

fire - Copy

Burn Permits

If you wish to burn, a permit is REQUIRED. The Fire Department issues burning permits for the city. You may request a burning permit in person or on our website's main page under the "How do I?" section. For burning regulations and more information, click here: Burn Permit Info

Dump Permits
Each Burton household is entitled to one (1) FREE dump permit per month. One dump permit is good for the equivalent of a standard-size bed of a pick-up truckload (under 1,000 lbs). Permits must be used in the month issued. Proper ID or proof of residency is required. Examples of acceptable materials: Concrete, yard waste, household refuse, shingles and other building materials. You may request a dump permit in person at City Hall.  We use GFL Environmental (formerly Brent Run Landfill) located at 8335 Vienna Rd. Montrose, MI 48457.   You may call the landfill at 810-639-3077 if you have any questions or view the website at:
                                                                                                                          GFL Environmental Logo

For more information or questions about permits, contact the City Hall Receptionist at 810-743-1500.